Special Educational Needs – SEN

Education Law Services

We specialise in helping parents of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) secure the additional support or specialist teaching they need.

Education Health and Care Plans are the best way of guaranteeing the extra help or specific support a child with Special Educational Needs requires. They are relatively new and replaced Statements of Special Educational Needs.

Education law protects the interests of children with SEN but all too often legal obligations need to pointed out to Local Authorities and schools.

Your child may be on the Autistic Spectrum or have Asperger Syndrome or any other SEN. We can help secure the extra support that your child needs, whether in a mainstream school or special school so that the can achieve their potential.

Your Local Authority has legal obligations to provide the most appropriate support. Lack of funds is no reason not to do so.

We are here to help secure the best for your child.

Many parents find the SEN process to be a maze. Turner’s Solicitors can help your child thrive in school.

We can deal with the whole process or individual parts. Our services include:

  • Preparing appeal documents
  • Negotiating with the local authority or school
  • Attending meetings, including annual reviews
  • Representing parents at the final hearing

Not sure what a EHC plan is? See our Frequently Asked Questions.

Want to talk about your SEN case?

Call ‌01656 ‌768 ‌500 today.

We can cast some light on some of the confusing procedures and terminology so you get a clearer picture.


Turner’s Solicitors specialise in helping parents and students gain the most from their school, college or University experience.  We handle all matters relating to education including Special Educational Needs, Admission Appeals, Exclusion Appeals, University Complaints and Disability Discrimination cases.


Great Barn, Wallas Farm,

Ewenny, Bridgend CF35 5AE

01656 768 500